Caring Consumer: A Cry for Consumer Conscience

Dedicated to educating consumers everywhere about animal testing
and how you can avoid buying products from companies that do.



Sunday, April 01, 2007

More product reviews - Deoderant

Deoderant was a tough one. Not too much choice in the aisles of the bigger chain stores. I ended up switching out from Secret - which I'd used for decades - to Tom's of Maine Natural unscented. I have to admit I was a little skeptical after reading the ingredient list (lichen? coriander?), but I have to say this stuff works great. It has a little bit of a scent - but I find it pleasantly crisp and citrusy. My husband tried the Trader Joe's Cotton Deoderant - but didn't have too much success with it to be honest. He's giving the Tom's a try.

All in all - it's taking a little trial and error - but we're successfully achieving our goal of a cruelty free household in a short amount of time!